- Assessment Process
- Stakeholders Survey
- Course Evaluation
- Program Evaluation
- Faculty Survey
- TA Survey
2014 Application Form
Application deadline is January 15th, 2014
Are you a U.S. citizen who is a rising junior or senior with at least a 2.5 GPA attending one of our Member Institutions?
Thank you for your interest in the Savannah River Environmental Sciences Field Station Internship. Before you begin completing your application, it is required that you view the video and read the SRESFS Intern Manual. These items will provide you with further insight on what it's like to be an intern. IT IS REQUIRED THAT YOU READ THE INTERN MANUAL BEFORE YOU APPLY TO THE INTERNSHIP.
Now that you know what is expected of you as an intern, if you agree to the terms set forth in the manual, please proceed with the application process. Complete the 2014 SRESFS Application, submit required documents, and complete the SCSU Application.
- SRESFS 2014 Application - Once you have completed the SRESFS Application, click "Submit" at the top of the form AND email a copy of the form to email@example.com. Application available HERE. Note that the deadline has been extended to January 15, 2014 (which is not reflected on the application form).
- Current resume including scholastic honors and extracurricular activities
- One page Statement of Intent: describe why you want to be an intern at the SRESFS, your desire to study Environmental Science, and your career interests within the Department of Energy. (Space provided on the application form.)
- Writing sample: 500 words or less about one of the following topics: your commitment/dedication to study/work at the SRESFS, your personal history and how it pertains to the internship or Environmental Science, or a current environmental event such as the meltdown of the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant in Japan and its significance to you, the United States/country of origin, and the world. (Space is provided on the application form.)
- An unofficial transcript obtained by the applicant from the home institution's website is acceptable for the initial application submission.
- Transfer of Credit/Transient form (NOT required for SCSU students). All required signatures (Advisor, Dean, Registrar, etc.) must be obtained for the document to be considered complete.
- Two letters of recommendation from current and/or past college instructors with their work contact information. The letters can be emailed to the Program Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) or they may be submitted by mail in a sealed envelope with the writer's signature across the seal. All letters must be postmarked by the deadline date.
- Board Member Approval Sheet - Let the Board Member know you are applying. They can then complete the form electronically and email it to me directly.
- Board member listing can be found HERE.
Additional documents to be completed by Non-SCSU students only.SCSU Application Form - Non-SCSU students only - DO NOT SUBMIT THE APPLICATION TO SCSU OR PAY THE $25 APPLICATION FEE!!!! Email the completed application, along with all other application documents to the Field Station office (email@example.com). We will hold your application and submit it upon acceptance into the program. Transfer of Credit/Transient form (NOT required for SCSU students). All required signatures (Advisor, Dean, Registrar, etc.) must be obtained for the document to be considered complete.
South Carolina State University
Dr. Kathy Carvalho-Knighton
Senior Fiscal Analyst:
Office Phone: 803 536-8572